Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Week Ahead...

It Has Begun! -Lynn is doing a study based on Joyce Meyers book "Battlefield of the Mind"...It looks to be an interesting study...If you struggle with your thoughts and surrendering control of those thoughts to the Lord and want to study how to gain freedom from destructive thoughts - go to Lynn's Blog (you can follow the Study w/ Lynn link on this blog).
The Olylmpics in China, begin on Friday August 8th please pray for Chinese Christians who are being persecuted for their faith in Christ Jesus. Pray that President Bush and other world leaders will speak up and take a stand for those are suffering persecution for their faith.
We will also be celebrating my birthday this week. I keep trying to convince my husband that it is birthday month....I enjoy birthdays as long as there is no "surprise" party- I don't know why but I have ruined every surprise party ever planned for my bday....then I spend the month (that's right that's when it becomes a month) trying to make it up to everyone involved.
Thanks to Alice(from the heart) I am getting a little bolder about experimenting with my blog- is she ever patient, kind and gentle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me be the 1st to wish you a happy birthday! I had one just last week (the 27th) and I'm a lot like you. I hate surprise parties, but I do enjoy celebrating.

Yes, you saw the right video. Glad you liked it. I had so much fun during the process and am so grateful to God for allowing me to be a part of that.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

Dale

From the Heart said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear Debrah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. You will have to find that song and put it on your Playlist for this month.
AliceE.

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Debrah,
Thank you for the mention of the study. I left you a comment about your comment. You're awesome. Such a kind heart. You're going to come through this shinning.
Have a great week I'm not sure when I'll go on to the next lesson maybe mid to end of week. PS so when is your Birthday?
Loves,
Lynn

Plant Lady said...

Debrah,

Hope you have a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm looking forward to all the growin' that we'll be doing as we study with Lynn.

I still haven't purchased my books yet, but hope to get them later this week.

Be Blessed,
Plant Lady

debrah said...

Plant Lady:
Thank you for the Birthday Wishes!
I too am looking forward to study w/ lynn...you say growth...I say stretch...I like your description better...hey I just changed my thought pattern(ever so slightly) but progress is progress...
In His Love,
Debrah