Sunday, August 3, 2008

Jesus Prayed /Prays for Us

Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe thou has sent me.
John 17 20-21
So many times I seek for the Lord to answer my prayers but I don't think about how we are the answer of His prayer...He prayed for us to believe on Him and that we may be one so that the world will believe that God the Father sent Him. This is what was on our Saviors mind before He was crucified for our sins. The world places weight on death bed statements and yet how much weight do they put on the words spoken by Jesus Christ before He died. He was praying that we would receive eternal life. He not only paid the price for our sin - He interceded to the Father on our behalf...He is still before the Father interceding on our behalf...So the questions is what weight will you put on Jesus' prayer in the Garden?


1 comment:

From the Heart said...

Thanks for reminding me I was on my Savior's mind before He died. What a blessing.

Thanks for the compliment. You are so precious to Jesus.
AliceE.