Tuesday, October 28, 2008

CALL TO REPENTANCE

JEREMIAH 26: 1-8

In the beginning of the reign of Jehoiakim the son of Josiah king of Judah came this word from the Lord, saying,
Thus saith the Lord; Stand in the court of the Lord's house, and speak unto all the cities of Judah, which come to worship in the Lord's house, all the words that I command thee to speak unto them; diminish not a word:
If so be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way, that I may repent me of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings
And thou shalt say unto them, Thus saith the Lord; If ye will not hearken to me, to walk in my law, which I have set before you,
To hearken to the words of my servants the prophets, whom I sent unto you, both rising up early, and sending them, but ye have not hearkened;
Then will I make this house like Shiloh, and will make this city a curse to all nations of the earth.
So the priest and the prophets and all the people heard Jeremiah speaking these words in the house of the Lord.

I pray that God will speak to and through our leaders, those with authority over us.
I pray that they will be obedient to speak all that God reveals to them that they do not take it upon themselves to edit God.
I pray that our ears will be open, that we truly hear what the Lord Our God is speaking through those obedient leaders.
I pray that we will repent of our wicked and evil ways.
I pray that the Lord Our God will then repent of the judgment our evil ways deserve.
I pray this all in the name of Jesus Christ Our Lord and Savior.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

So True, well written my friend.
We Christians need to pray for this country, and that the right one be put in place, and that be of a christian and will speak the truth.
Have a Blessed Day
Sharon :)

From the Heart said...

I agree with Sharon. Also I'm praying the prayer of Psalms that you gave earlier. I feel more at peace by doing this. No matter what happens we don't have to worry the Holy Spirit will give us words to say should we are faced with that.
Be blessed,
AliceE.