Monday, June 9, 2008

the two week challenge

I am currently reading a book written by Elizabeth Elliot and last night what I read offered a challenge...the challenge...stop complaining for the next two weeks! In the book the question was set before me...is complaining what is keeping me from entering into the promise land? This morning was to be day one and before my feet reached the floor...there it was...the first complaint of the day...this is going to be a struggle....I am looking forward to victory in this area and I assume those who have heard my many complaints throughout the years will be blessed by the sounds of silence where there once had been a barrage of complaints. That may be my first step- if you don't have something nice to say- Don't say anything. I look forward to the day where Praising the Lord in all my circumstances will be my immediate and constant constant response.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Stop complaining for that long?...don't think I could do it either! I had to bite my tongue last night in order to not complain about something trivial my husband was doing. I was trying to write a bible study and he decided to play his guitar VERY loudly in the next room. I almost busted a gut, but realized that complaining was not in my best interest (or his either) so I just called it a night and went to bed. Probably saved us from having a big "discussion". I've probably already complained several times today without even realizing it.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts I will visit your blog again!
Blessings,
Starr