Friday, June 13, 2008

The "E"Ticket ride

While spending time outside, enjoying some time in the shade, I found myself remembering a time spent with my sister and her family. We were at an amusement park and my nephew Michael wanted to go on the roller coaster. No one else would go on the ride. So I volunteered. Once on the ride I was screaming to get off- I could not wait for the ride to be over. Once off the ride I was boasting about how much fun I had. I also remember taking steps only to find out there is no turning back, no turning to the left or the right. Times when I would say oh why, oh why did I take that step. I felt thrust into a situation where there is no turning back, I was moving forward but not on my own strength, I was not in control (not the same as being out of control). I believe the Lord showed mercy by propelling me through situations that I was not strong enough to handle but needed to go through. Only to be overjoyed and filled with peace when it was all over. I believe there are times when our steps are ordered by the Lord and there is danger on every side but we are covered and protected by the Lord. There are times when we may not even remember the destination but we remember the journey and how the Lord guided and protected us. My friend used to call this the "E" ticket ride...Exciting and Eternal...

2 comments:

Lynn - JnL4God said...

Thanks for stopping by. Yes it is a good Bible study, She really makes you think. Hey I love amusement rides. I don't get to go real often but just love them.
Looking forward to talking to you more.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Debrah,
I agree with you. Sometimes we need that push to propel us to the place that God wants us to be. Hopefully & prayfully, when we arrive at that place, we know it and use it for God's purpose. I know with me, I have been propelled, only to regress to my previous insecurity. I am hopeful (and prayful) that I am growing (albeit slowly) in knowledge & action toward God's purpose for my life.
Blessings,
Lynn