Friday, April 4, 2008

Grace & Mercy is the way to go

While taking a walk with my husband yesterday - I shared what I believed the Lord was showing me about the last week...I believed the Lord was showing me that I wanted Judgement...that I had the mistaken idea that granting mercy and grace to the person who wronged me was allowing them to continue this wrong...I believe that the Lord was showing me that Judgement could not do what Grace and Mercy could -it was Grace and Mercy that gave me salvation, forgiveness, healing and deliverance...It is judgement that says I deserve punishment it is Grace and Mercy that saved me from that punishment...I am to trust God and extend Grace and Mercy to the person who wounded me...I knew all this...I just didn't recognize that I went into judging instead of applying Grace and Mercy in this particular situation...I didn't see my character....I wanted to be justified and defended -wanted someone else exposed for what they did to me...yet did not consider what if it were me...how would I want to be treated...my answer is with Grace, Mercy, Love, Forgiveness and sensitivity. I blew it! But Praise be to God...He continues to forgive and extend Grace and Mercy and He ask that I do the same...If I forgive others He is Faithful to Forgive me...What an awesome God we serve..I am still praying for the Lord to show me how to work through this...for to be honest...I still want others to know my side...if I do that than I am exposing someone else and I now believe that the Lord does not want me to do this. When I thought I was mature I see how childish I can be.

1 comment:

Rachel Olsen said...

I don't know the details of your situation, but I know you have a tremendous opportunity before you right now to die to self, and to trust God. I know this is a hard, painful place to be in but it is also an exciting place to be if you will look past the pain to see Christ Himself standing right there with you saying, "Follow me, I'll guide you through."

Let Him be your advocate and judge. Rest in the fact that He knows your side of the story and is able to venerate you if He so chooses. Rest in the fact that if He chooses not to venerate you in this matter at this time, He has good reasons for that. As you said, "Grace and mercy are the way to go." Leave the judgement and repayment up to God (Deut. 32:35).

Look up 1 Peter 2:21-23 today and realize you have an opportunity here to display the character of Christ. Know that I've prayed for you today as well.