Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jeremiah 27: 12-18

Jeremiah 27: 12-18

I spake also to Zedekiah king of Judah according to all these words, saying, Bring your necks under the yoke of the king of Babylon, and serve him and his people, and live.
Why will ye die, thou and thy people, by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence, as the Lord hath spoken against the nation that will not serve the king of Babylon?
Therefore hearken not unto the words of the prophets that speak unto you, saying, Ye shall not serve the king of Babylon: for they prophesy a lie unto you.
For I have not sent them, saith the Lord, yet they prophesy a lie in my name; that I might drive you out, and that ye might perish, ye, and the prophets that prophesy unto you.
Also I spake to the priest and to all this people, saying, Thus saith the Lord; Hearken not to the words of your prophets that prophesy unto you, saying, Behold, the vessels of the Lord's house shall now shortly be brought again from Babylon for they prophesy a lie unto you.
Hearken not unto them, serve the king of Babylon, and live: wherefore should this city be laid waste?
But if they be prophets, and if the word of the Lord be with them, let them now make intercession to the Lord of hosts, that the vessels which are left in the house of the Lord, and in the house of the king of Judah, and at Jerusalem go not to Babylon.


God tells His people through the prophet Jeremiah that if they go submit and serve the king of Babylon-that they will live and if they don't they will die. God wants His people to live. He promises that He will deliver them in His time. God tells them that their prophets who are prophesying in His name and they are liars and that He did not send them. I pray that we would be like those who obeyed God. How could anyone choose to accept captivity without a relationship with God? Without Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the Word of God -how would we know who to believe? How would we have the strength and courage to willingly go into captivity? Even today there exist those who will "prophesy" to us and they are misleading some to disobey God. I pray that we will know the voice of our Lord and savior. Jesus said His sheep know His voice...I believe we know Him and His voice through His word. I thank God for His word.


2 comments:

From the Heart said...

It's always encouraging to read your posts. I'm so glad to know my God will take care of me no matter what happens and the Holy Spirit will give me words to say.
In the day we are living in when the world seems to be in such turmoil, how do people who do not have a relationship with the Father exist. My prayers go out to our leaders and those who do not know Jesus.
Thanks,
AliceE.

Plant Lady said...

Debrah,

Hope all is well with you.

I've been busy lately. Haven't had much time for blogging. I've been keeping up with them, just not commenting.

Blessings~
Plant Lady