Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's New to me...

Earlier this summer I suggested that our church have a monthly women of the bible discussion...My plan was for it to be a discussion and that my part would be to organize, decorate and set up/clean up...that's where I see myself...where I am comfortable and where I know that I am more than competent in those task...since it is a discussion I also felt secure that I would be "participating"...it turns out that I will be leading this discussion...I feel unqualified due to lack of experience in this area...but also (after many tears and discussions w/ leadership) a bit excited about venturing out into something new...I don't want to turn down this opportunity out of fear and insecurity...I so enjoyed the online study that Rachel Olsen provided and I am hoping to bring this to our church and community...All this to say I am seeking your prayers...the first breakfast is scheduled for OCTOBER 11th...I am also working on a newsletter for our church and this too is new to me...

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Hi Debrah! Thank you sooo much for letting me into your life and know the reasons you struggle with meeting new people. You have definetly got me thinking!!! Thank you!

I will add you to my blogroll so that I can see when you post.

Love,
Nicole

From the Heart said...

Deborah,
I'm sure you will do just fine. I just put a post on my blog and it took me all day to do it. I deleted and redid it several times. The enemy doesn't want us to encourage people so go for it girl. You've got enough knowledge to do whatever you want to do and it sounds like this is just what God wants you to do. I will be praying for you.
Blessings,
AliceE.

From the Heart said...

Deborah,
Thanks for your comments on my post. I hope you didn't think those were my words because they aren't. However, my faith has gotten stronger over the past 9 years. I did not put Author Unknown at the bottom and I should have. You would not believe the problems I had doing that post. I know I must have deleted it at least 3 times because I could not get things to come out like I wanted them to. I'm a perfectionist and that's something I need to work on. I truly felt that it is meant for someone or I would not have had so much trouble.
You are such a blessing,
AliceE.

debrah said...

Alice my comments on your blog referred to the glimpse I get to see of how you have handled the hard and sad times you experienced - you respond with faith, grace and a heart full of praise for our Lord and Savior...
In His Love,
Debrah

Sharon said...

Wow You sound soooo like me. I have done the same. You are actually doing the samething I did.
This is so exciting, But I know how you feel, You will do just fine, please pray the night before, and in the morning when you get up, pray that the Lord will give you revelation word. Oh how this helped me. And the women were so encouraged that they look forward to every meeting now, and ask what and who we are studying next. Rachel inspired me as well.

The newsletter is a piece of cake!! should you need help let me know, do you have questions?? ask I will help you, I do ours, and the pastor and his wife are totally impressed.
I am soooo Happy for you, and I know you will do just fine.
God Bless,
Sharon
Please do not hesitate to ask for help, I would love to share with you!

Nicole said...

Debrah, thank you for your words today. I had to venture over to your blog and I'm so glad I did. I just "had church" while listening to the song you have playing. Thank you for your life in Christ. I wanted to encourage you today. Please know that I just said a prayer for your request on this post!

Love,
Nicole