Monday, March 10, 2008

Discipline

It is easy to get discouraged and give up when we find it difficult to pray. When I get easily distracted or frustrated during prayer- giving up seems appealing. Sometimes it is easy to get weary. I find it hard to just let go of everything and seek the Lord. Prayer is an awesome privilege we have as children of God. Through Jesus we have access to the throne of our Creator. Reading His word often reveals how I am to pray. Praise and Worship helps me to focus on Him.
When you find it difficult to pray what do you do?

1 comment:

Melody said...

One of the things that helps me most is writing out my prayers. I find that I'm able to fully focus when I'm writing, whether that be online or on paper. I regularly write prayers out. Sometimes they are bullet prayers (like in many of my blog posts), but many times I pray longer more in depth prayers while writing.

Another thing that helps me is to pray throughout the day. I say a "friendly hello" to God in the mornings, but I am not a morning person and prayer first thing is the mornings haven't worked for me so far. Also prayers before you go to bed often are hurried because we suddenly get very sleepy when prayering. That's why I think prayers all day long are best.

~*Melody*~

BTW, I saw your comment on my mom's blog and followed you here.